3rd March 2021
Public worship to restart from 21st March
Following the Prime Minister’s recent announcement the PCC has agreed that we will restart public worship in church from Sunday 21st March. Here are the details of our ‘roadmap’ for recovery:
- Church open for public worship at 9.30 on Sunday 21st March with current restrictions on seating, wearing of facemasks, and signing in by worshippers.
- Continue with the Family Service online until after Easter.
- From March 29th increase the seating capacity to prepare for Holy Week and Easter.
- Maintain the current programme of services: Sundays at 9.30 and Thursdays at 11.00.
- Re-introduce the Family Service in church on April 11th.
- Services to continue being live streamed.
- Funerals will continue with a limit of 30 people until after June 21st.
- Baptisms will restart after Easter with a maximum determined by our local seating capacity – currently 30.
- Weddings will continue following government restrictions on numbers: currently maximum of 6; from 12th April maximum of 15; from 17th May maximum of 30; from 21st June no restriction.
- We will follow the government advice on social distancing and wearing of face masks at all times.
- Hopefully after 21st June singing will be allowed in church again, if not before.
PAUL ROBERTS – RECTOR
St John’s Church Coulsdon Facebook Page